Wednesday, June 15, 2011

I haven't been blogging...big surprise!

Okay, so maybe I made a big deal about how I was going to change the direction of this blog and was actually going to start blogging...but I haven't. I think this is mostly because I've been busy, but also because this is largely going to be tied in to my school work in my new major at University of Utah. Since this isn't something that's going to begin until August, I think it would be a good idea to give an update on what my current artistic plans are for now and the future.

I'm currently finishing up first block classes of summer semester at UVU. Two of the classes are generals, but there is also an Art History to the Renaissance class (for review) and a Drawing 1 class. I decided to take the drawing class because I thought it would be a good idea to have at least minimal experience in the actual creation of visual arts. It has been a very good experience so far, despite it being very different than I'd originally hoped. There's only one week of class left, but I plan on taking pictures of the works I've turned in as well as some sketches and posting them with explanations of my experiences in the class.

I decided over the last year or so that what I want to do when I grow up is to be an Art History professor, hence the change in major to Art History. I plan on at least minoring in Theatre and possibly minoring in French as well. I'm very excited for school, and hope that it all works out well. Hopefully I'll be updating this blog regularly now...

No comments:

Post a Comment