Monday, January 23, 2012

Best Picture predictions

This category's nominations are being done a little different this year, so I think it first deserves a bit of explanation. There can be anywhere from 5 to 10 nominations depending on the Academy's number 1 votes. In order for a movie to be nominated, it has to get at least 5% of the Academy's number 1 votes, after that their number 2, 3, and the rest of their votes are taken into account. So, for this category I will not only be predicting which movies will be nominated, but also how many movies will be nominated. Here goes nothing.

The first 5:

The Artist
The Descendants
The Help
Hugo
Midnight in Paris

If there's 6:
War Horse

If there's 7:
Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy

If there's 8:
Moneyball

If there's 9:
The Ides of March

If there's 10:
Drive

I'm predicting there will be 9 nominees. In other words, I don't think Drive will be part of that 9. However, if I'm wrong and there's 10, I think it will be number 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment